Re: [midatlanticretro] Retro Action

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      I'll buy 12 of whatever she's selling !

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 6:19 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Retro Action

      "Retro Action" by Press Play on Tape, a Commodore 64 revival band from
      Copenhagen, Denmark.

      http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=aoQa1OiHlrM

      The C64 is noted as having a "pleasing brown colour" :-)

      Enjoy!

      Cheers,

      Bryan

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
        B Degnan wrote:
        > Awesome video.
        > Bill "kohina.com" Degnan

        Great site! :-) If you want hear real Commodore 64 SIDs, recorded from
        a Commodore 64, point your music player to http://c64.com:8000/ . These
        recordings of SID tunes are from the Stone Oakvalley's Authentic SID
        Collection ( http://www.6581-8580.com/ ) which is an automated project
        to record *every* SID tune to MP3 on two versions of the 6581 and one
        version of the 8580. They also took into consideration if the SID tune
        was created to be played on a NTSC or PAL C64.

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
          I'm playing Kohina.com right now using WinAmp, it works (and sounds great)
          .... So instead of a band (unless other people want to organize it), why
          don't we just stream this all weekend?

          My concerns about having live music are: 1., It'll take up valuable floor
          space that we need for exhibitors; 2., People might do that INSTEAD of
          exhibiting .... BUT ... If there's a strong enough vintage tie-in then I'd
          be okay with it as Bill's or Bryan's exhibit. But not both. ;)