Re: Bill Degnan Guest Speaker at PACS meeting Sat May 16th

  • rkushnier
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      wrote:

      > Sounds great. Is Ron K. involved?

      Hi Guys,

      Good question! This is the first I'm hearing about Bill's
      presentation. I had originally suggested to the PACS Presentation
      Manager that "MARCH" could give a talk on vintage computers, but was
      told that the members of PACS seemed more interested in present and
      future computer developments. It's my opinion that you can't know
      where you're going unless you know where you've been! Personal
      computing has moved so far, so fast, that its history has had little
      time to be recorded or appreciated.

      Anyway, I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. I don't have any
      more old hardware, but I have lots of photos of my stuff.

      Regards,

      Ron K
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        rkushnier wrote:
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> Sounds great. Is Ron K. involved?
        >>

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > Good question! This is the first I'm hearing about Bill's
        > presentation. I had originally suggested to the PACS Presentation
        > Manager that "MARCH" could give a talk on vintage computers, but was
        > told that the members of PACS seemed more interested in present and
        > future computer developments. It's my opinion that you can't know
        > where you're going unless you know where you've been! Personal
        > computing has moved so far, so fast, that its history has had little
        > time to be recorded or appreciated.
        >
        > Anyway, I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. I don't have any
        > more old hardware, but I have lots of photos of my stuff.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Ron K

        Ron,

        The presentation is already finished, I only have an hour so I am going
        to limit the discussion to the topic described in my earlier email. If
        you have a people photos from meetings in 1983 or earlier I could
        incorporate them into my slideshow. Thanks!