RE: [midatlanticretro] Bill Degnan Guest Speaker at PACS meeting Sat May 16th

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
      Message
      Sounds great.  Is Ron K. involved?
      -----Original Message-----
      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of B Degnan
      Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:41 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Bill Degnan Guest Speaker at PACS meeting Sat May 16th

      *Topic Description* - Vintage Computing - How the Evolution of Microcomputing Influenced PACS  - A 1983 Perspective
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
        MessageI don't know.

        *Topic Description* - Vintage Computing - How the Evolution of Microcomputing Influenced PACS  - A 1983 Perspective
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
          Nice... Good luck man

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
            wrote:

            > Sounds great. Is Ron K. involved?

            Hi Guys,

            Good question! This is the first I'm hearing about Bill's
            presentation. I had originally suggested to the PACS Presentation
            Manager that "MARCH" could give a talk on vintage computers, but was
            told that the members of PACS seemed more interested in present and
            future computer developments. It's my opinion that you can't know
            where you're going unless you know where you've been! Personal
            computing has moved so far, so fast, that its history has had little
            time to be recorded or appreciated.

            Anyway, I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. I don't have any
            more old hardware, but I have lots of photos of my stuff.

            Regards,

            Ron K
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
              rkushnier wrote:
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              >> Sounds great. Is Ron K. involved?
              >>

              > Hi Guys,
              >
              > Good question! This is the first I'm hearing about Bill's
              > presentation. I had originally suggested to the PACS Presentation
              > Manager that "MARCH" could give a talk on vintage computers, but was
              > told that the members of PACS seemed more interested in present and
              > future computer developments. It's my opinion that you can't know
              > where you're going unless you know where you've been! Personal
              > computing has moved so far, so fast, that its history has had little
              > time to be recorded or appreciated.
              >
              > Anyway, I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. I don't have any
              > more old hardware, but I have lots of photos of my stuff.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Ron K

              Ron,

              The presentation is already finished, I only have an hour so I am going
              to limit the discussion to the topic described in my earlier email. If
              you have a people photos from meetings in 1983 or earlier I could
              incorporate them into my slideshow. Thanks!