Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Retro Action

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2009
      Awesome video.
      Bill "kohina.com" Degnan

      Bill

      fairlanefastback wrote:
      > We are flying her in for VCF this year right??
      >
      > ;)
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> "Retro Action" by Press Play on Tape, a Commodore 64 revival band from
      >> Copenhagen, Denmark.
      >>
      >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQa1OiHlrM
      >>
      >> The C64 is noted as having a "pleasing brown colour" :-)
      >>
      >> Enjoy!
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> Bryan

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        I'll buy 12 of whatever she's selling !

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
          B Degnan wrote:
          > Awesome video.
          > Bill "kohina.com" Degnan

          Great site! :-) If you want hear real Commodore 64 SIDs, recorded from
          a Commodore 64, point your music player to http://c64.com:8000/ . These
          recordings of SID tunes are from the Stone Oakvalley's Authentic SID
          Collection ( http://www.6581-8580.com/ ) which is an automated project
          to record *every* SID tune to MP3 on two versions of the 6581 and one
          version of the 8580. They also took into consideration if the SID tune
          was created to be played on a NTSC or PAL C64.

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
            I'm playing Kohina.com right now using WinAmp, it works (and sounds great)
            .... So instead of a band (unless other people want to organize it), why
            don't we just stream this all weekend?

            My concerns about having live music are: 1., It'll take up valuable floor
            space that we need for exhibitors; 2., People might do that INSTEAD of
            exhibiting .... BUT ... If there's a strong enough vintage tie-in then I'd
            be okay with it as Bill's or Bryan's exhibit. But not both. ;)