Re: [midatlanticretro] InfoAge updates

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 29, 2009

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Message

      We could possibly use this vdeo room as an extra lecture room for VCF.

      Evan,

      I just saw a post on another forum about the VCF east dates being Sep 19-20
      I guess this is the new tentative date ? ,or firm date ?
      As I didn't see any announcement here on this list about it.

      =Dan

      Message 49 of 49 , Jul 15, 2010
        It's 4:37am, I should be sleeping.

        Anyway ....

        InfoAge may soon begin sheet rocking the ceiling of our new museum space + installing electrical circuits.  This is good news because our space will look nicer, we won't have to worry about overhead work after we make new exhibits, and it'll be less space to heat/cool.

        Speaking of heating/cooling -- there's not yet any budget for that -- so in the summer we'll have several large fans, and in the winter we'll have electric space heaters.  Yes, I understand this is far from ideal.

        We have not yet finished painting the floor.  Still stuck at 80%.  Very little got done in the new museum space during the past few weeks because of my family situation, MARCHins having other commitments, other InfoAge tasks, etc. ....... but now we're ready to continue where we left off.

        This weekend, in addition to MARCH @ HOPE, InfoAge has a booth at the Fort Monmouth "Last Hoo-ah" event (the fort is closing.)  I will try to be there Friday and/or Sunday with a small demo (something simple like a C-64 or Apple II) and some literature.

        Also, there's an InfoAge WW II symposium on August 15, 1pm-5pm.  Price is $20 for adults and $10 for veterans/students.  Lectures include "How Radar Failed Us at Pearl Harbor"; "Story of the USS Murphy Tragedy Off the NJ Coast"; "Battle of the Beams -- Air War Over Britain"; "Army Signal Corps Tactical Communications Advances"; "Countering Hitler's Air Defense Systems"; and "The Birth of Digital Computing in WWII and Camp Evans' Role" (by yours truly.)