Welcome new members!

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      This is a "special notice" which means you're getting it even if you
      signed up with the standard "no email" option.

      We have a few new members. Hello and welcome to MARCH.

      The 30th Trenton Computer Festival is just six weeks away. That will
      be our very first public gathering. So, please update your
      information in the "What you're bringing to TCF" database, via the
      link on the left side of the Yahoo group page.

      If you plan to attend the event (and we hope you do!), please also
      send a group message if you haven't already. Local hotel information
      is found on the TCF web site (www.tcf-nj.org).

      We also have a new "Virtual Swap Meet" database, via the same link as
      above. In that table you can post for anything wanted / available.
      That applies to stuff you plan to bring to TCF and beyond. However
      please keep in mind that NO SELLING is allowed at our TCF exhibit.
      That's a show rule, not our rule.

      After TCF we'll start planning other events.

      Any questions? Feel free to email me at evan947@..., or to send
      a group message anytime.

      - Evan Koblentz
    • Billy D'Augustine
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
        On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 04:05:58 -0000
        "evan947" <evan947@...> wrote:

        > We have a few new members. Hello and welcome to MARCH.

        Well, I'm not a new member, but I've been lurking for a bit (and only
        came up for air once, briefly), so I thought I should say "hello".

        > If you plan to attend the event (and we hope you do!), please also
        > send a group message if you haven't already.

        I'll be going to TCF, but not as part of anything bigger, and won't be
        bringing anything. The only thing I've got ATM is a VS3100, which is
        kinda bland, but I'm hoping TCF will help rectify that...

        Stuff I'll be looking for, TCF-wise or just in general (and as an intro
        to what I personally prefer):

        CBM stuff - a C=128D (specifically the "D")
        VAX - anything (actually need an RRD40 for the VS3100)
        PDP-11 - anything, prefer an 11/34A
        Atari 16-bit - Falcon, TT, or even an STE

        Stuff I'll have to trade:

        Probably cash :)
      • evan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
          Billy,

          We hope you'll at least visit our exhibit to say hello. :)

          I encourage you to post what you're looking to obtain in the "Virtual Swap
          Meet" database of our Yahoo group:

          Evan