Funeral arrangements for Emil Volcheck Jr.

  • rkushnier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
      I am passing along this message regarding the death of Emil Volcheck
      Jr. He was one of the "original" Personal Computer Enthusiasts and
      contributed much to our community.

      Ron

      From: Emil Volcheck

      My father, Emil Volcheck Jr., was president of
      the Main Line Computer Users Group (MLCUG). He passed
      away Saturday. If you think there might be some of
      your members who would have known him and liked to
      attend services in his honor, feel free to foward
      the following announcement.

      Best wishes,
      Emil Volcheck III

      Announcement of Memorial services for
      Dr. Emil J. Volcheck, Jr.

      Friday, January 30, 2009

      9:00 Visitation
      10:00 Funeral mass

      Saint Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church
      15 East Pleasant Grove Road
      West Chester, PA 19382
      http://stmax.org/
      Rectory phone: 610-399-6936

      11:15 Interment of ashes

      (Interment will follow mass and funeral procession,
      so time is approximate.)

      Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery
      1235 Birmingham Road
      West Chester, PA 19382
      Office phone: (610) 793-1569

      12:00 Reception

      We invite you to join us for a buffet luncheon
      at the Concordville Inn to meet and share remembrances.

      Concordville Inn
      Route 322 & US Route 1
      Concordville, PA
      Front desk: (610) 358-9400

      Please let us know if you expect to attend so that we can give
      the caterers a more accurate attendance estimate. Please
      call (443) 791-9910 or email volcheck@... to reply.

      In lieu of flowers, please send contributions to
      to the Mount Cuba Astronomical Observatory (MCAO),
      where Emil served as manager.

      Mt. Cuba Observatory
      P.O. Box 3915
      Greenville, Delaware 19807

      http://mountcuba.org/

      The MCAO is private, nonprofit, all-volunteer educational institution
      and
      administers the only public observatory in the State of Delaware.
      Contributions are tax-deductible.

      If you have any photos or memories you'd like to share, whether by
      email or in person, we welcome them

      Best wishes,

      Emil ("Jan") Volcheck III

      Contact information:
      cell phone: (443) 791-9910
      email: volcheck@...

      To reach Emil's wife Diana:
      home phone: (610) 793-5156
      email: dcv@...
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
        Very sad to hear... :-(

        His obituary -->
        http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2009/01/28/obituaries/srv0000004581329.txt

        Bryan

        rkushnier wrote:
        > I am passing along this message regarding the death of Emil Volcheck
        > Jr. He was one of the "original" Personal Computer Enthusiasts and
        > contributed much to our community.
        >
        > Ron
        >

        > From: Emil Volcheck
        >
        > My father, Emil Volcheck Jr., was president of
        > the Main Line Computer Users Group (MLCUG). He passed
        > away Saturday. If you think there might be some of
        > your members who would have known him and liked to
        > attend services in his honor, feel free to foward
        > the following announcement.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Emil Volcheck III
        >
        > Announcement of Memorial services for
        > Dr. Emil J. Volcheck, Jr.
        >
        > Friday, January 30, 2009
        >
        > 9:00 Visitation
        > 10:00 Funeral mass
        >
        > Saint Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church
        > 15 East Pleasant Grove Road
        > West Chester, PA 19382
        > http://stmax.org/
        > Rectory phone: 610-399-6936
        >
        > 11:15 Interment of ashes
        >
        > (Interment will follow mass and funeral procession,
        > so time is approximate.)
        >
        > Birmingham-Lafayette Cemetery
        > 1235 Birmingham Road
        > West Chester, PA 19382
        > Office phone: (610) 793-1569
        >
        > 12:00 Reception
        >
        > We invite you to join us for a buffet luncheon
        > at the Concordville Inn to meet and share remembrances.
        >
        > Concordville Inn
        > Route 322 & US Route 1
        > Concordville, PA
        > Front desk: (610) 358-9400
        >
        > Please let us know if you expect to attend so that we can give
        > the caterers a more accurate attendance estimate. Please
        > call (443) 791-9910 or email volcheck@... to reply.
        >
        > In lieu of flowers, please send contributions to
        > to the Mount Cuba Astronomical Observatory (MCAO),
        > where Emil served as manager.
        >
        > Mt. Cuba Observatory
        > P.O. Box 3915
        > Greenville, Delaware 19807
        >
        > http://mountcuba.org/
        >
        > The MCAO is private, nonprofit, all-volunteer educational institution
        > and
        > administers the only public observatory in the State of Delaware.
        > Contributions are tax-deductible.
        >
        > If you have any photos or memories you'd like to share, whether by
        > email or in person, we welcome them
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Emil ("Jan") Volcheck III
        >
        > Contact information:
        > cell phone: (443) 791-9910
        > email: volcheck@...
        >
        > To reach Emil's wife Diana:
        > home phone: (610) 793-5156
        > email: dcv@...

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2009
          yea... Sorry, I would go but too far and too short notice.