Re: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
      Absolutely... I recommend that over a switch box every day of the week!

      I probably have a dozen of those things myself. Smile emoticon

      Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

      I just went through my box of Atari stuff, and it doesn't look like the switch is in the greatest condition. It probably works, but I'm thinking I might go to Radio Shack tomorrow (if it doesn't snow, that is) and pick up one of these:

      http://www.radiosha ck.com/product/ index.jsp? productId= 2103471
      F-Jack to Phono plug converter

      I read that they produce a better signal. Does anyone know if this is true?

      Thanks!
      ~Matt

      From: "Matthew Mikolay"
      Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:25:42 -0000
      To: <midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

      Hey everyone! The Mattel Aquarius system that I bought off of eBay
      came in the mail today, and I have a few questions.

      The system powers on, but I am unsure how to hook it up to my TV. The
      wires to connect it to the TV were not included. My TV has RF in, and
      I tried hooking it up using the RF switch from my NES, but it did not
      seem to work.

      I looked in the manual, and the switch the Aquarius included looks a
      lot like the one I have on my Atari 2600
      (http://www.smcelect ronics.com/ PICTURES/ COMPSW-L. JPG). Will this type
      of device work with my Aquarius?

      Thanks!
      ~Matt