RE: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
      >>> http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103471 F-Jack
      to Phono plug converter ... I read that they produce a better signal. Does
      anyone know if this is true?

      Yes, it's true. We use one on the MARCH Atari 2600. Much better picture
      than an RF adapter.
    • Matthew Mikolay
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
        Then I guess I will be using it for my Aquarius, Atari, and NES!

        Thanks a lot!
        ~Matt

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2009
          Absolutely... I recommend that over a switch box every day of the week!

          I probably have a dozen of those things myself. Smile emoticon

          Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:18 PM

          I just went through my box of Atari stuff, and it doesn't look like the switch is in the greatest condition. It probably works, but I'm thinking I might go to Radio Shack tomorrow (if it doesn't snow, that is) and pick up one of these:

          http://www.radiosha ck.com/product/ index.jsp? productId= 2103471
          F-Jack to Phono plug converter

          I read that they produce a better signal. Does anyone know if this is true?

          Thanks!
          ~Matt

          From: "Matthew Mikolay"
          Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:25:42 -0000
          To: <midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com>
          Subject: [midatlanticretro] Mattel Aquarius Question

          Hey everyone! The Mattel Aquarius system that I bought off of eBay
          came in the mail today, and I have a few questions.

          The system powers on, but I am unsure how to hook it up to my TV. The
          wires to connect it to the TV were not included. My TV has RF in, and
          I tried hooking it up using the RF switch from my NES, but it did not
          seem to work.

          I looked in the manual, and the switch the Aquarius included looks a
          lot like the one I have on my Atari 2600
          (http://www.smcelect ronics.com/ PICTURES/ COMPSW-L. JPG). Will this type
          of device work with my Aquarius?

          Thanks!
          ~Matt