PS/2 Model 60 Errors

  • J. Kalin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2009

      I was finally able to get the reference disk to run and these are the errors I’m currently getting:

      19499 – 09216 Memory Module Error

      162 - CMOS checksum error, CRC error, or adapter ID mismatch

      When I run the computer test program, I get this error also 00175570 Fixed disk controller test failure. 0 Fixed disks.

      Jim K.

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2009
        <snip>
        > I was finally able to get the reference disk to run and these are the
        errors
        > I'm currently getting:
        >

        > 19499 - 09216 Memory Module Error

        does this mean you're missing the extra memory, is there a memory card
        expected by the BIOS? I bet it's the other way around, the BIOS does not
        know what to do with a memory card. If I am correct, for now remove it.

        > 162 - CMOS checksum error, CRC error, or adapter ID mismatch

        related to the above/BIOS issue.

        > When I run the computer test program, I get this error also 00175570
        Fixed
        > disk controller test failure. 0 Fixed disks.

        could be a bad fixed disk. You'd get a different error if it was the
        controller. Verify that the hard drive is plugged in, etc.