Re: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th birthday to MARCH

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2009
      NICE!!!!!

      --- On Sun, 1/18/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Happy 4th birthday to MARCH
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 3:12 AM

      MARCH list message # 1 was sent by me on Jan. 18, 2005, at 1:30 AM.  The topic: "Who's bringing what to TCF so far":

      -----
      Me (evan koblentz) -- miscellaneous handhelds, Apple 1 replica
      David C. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      John A. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      Andy -- CP/M systems
      Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
      Bill S. -- Computers with wooden cabinets
      Kelly L. -- Tandy
      Mike -- will donate copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers"
      Katie -- LED calculators
      Bill P. -- 1984 IBM XT
      Scott A. -- to be determined
      David G. DEC (to be determined), TI stuff
      Jim -- Apple Lisa, Mac, Apple II, Apple III
      -----

      Back to 2009: Of the 12 people who initially planned to go, 9 are still actively part of MARCH.  (David C. went to work at Microsoft and was never heard from again; Katie never really joined in the first place; Jim a.k.a. MacMotherShip remains on our list but moved to Chicago.)

      Also, June 12 of this year is the 5th anniversary of when Andy fortuitously posted at vintage-computer. com/vcforum, asking, "Hey, yo... anybody near Scotch Plains?", leading to a series of public and private messages that resulted in MARCH.