OT (sorry) ... selling a laptop

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2009
      Message
      I bought this old (but not vintage) laptop last year for just $40 and put a new battery in for another $40.... sad huh?  Selling now for $80 or b/o because I found something else better for my needs on ebay.  Specs: WinXP (I didn’t do it!); AMD K6 @ 498 MHz; 5.58 GB HD; 188 MB RAM; Internal CD; 5.25 FD.

      So it’s not exactly cutting-edge. Battery holds a charge for around an hour. I made sure it’s free of any malware.  Might suck slightly less if wiped and used for Linux instead.  Needs a new CMOS battery – it forgets the date/time and doesn’t like to boot properly unless the main battery is charged first.

      Let's all PLEASE not discuss this to death.  Only reply if you want to buy it.  And in that case, reply to me directly.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2009
        Message
        I'm an idiot.  Meant 3.5 FDD, not 5.25....!