Happy 4th birthday to MARCH

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
      Message
      MARCH list message # 1 was sent by me on Jan. 18, 2005, at 1:30 AM.  The topic: "Who's bringing what to TCF so far":

      -----
      Me (evan koblentz) -- miscellaneous handhelds, Apple 1 replica
      David C. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      John A. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      Andy -- CP/M systems
      Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
      Bill S. -- Computers with wooden cabinets
      Kelly L. -- Tandy
      Mike -- will donate copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers"
      Katie -- LED calculators
      Bill P. -- 1984 IBM XT
      Scott A. -- to be determined
      David G. DEC (to be determined), TI stuff
      Jim -- Apple Lisa, Mac, Apple II, Apple III
      -----

      Back to 2009: Of the 12 people who initially planned to go, 9 are still actively part of MARCH.  (David C. went to work at Microsoft and was never heard from again; Katie never really joined in the first place; Jim a.k.a. MacMotherShip remains on our list but moved to Chicago.)

      Also, June 12 of this year is the 5th anniversary of when Andy fortuitously posted at vintage-computer.com/vcforum, asking, "Hey, yo... anybody near Scotch Plains?", leading to a series of public and private messages that resulted in MARCH.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
        Here are some pictures of the event:
        http://www.vintagecomputer.net/tcf_2005/

        I believe the quote was more along the lines of "where my jersey boys
        at?" but the whole by-regional forum category section is gone.

        BD

        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > MARCH list message # 1 was sent by me on Jan. 18, 2005, at 1:30 AM.
        > The topic: "Who's bringing what to TCF so far":
        > -----
        > Me (evan koblentz) -- miscellaneous handhelds, Apple 1 replica
        > David C. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
        > John A. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
        > Andy -- CP/M systems
        > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
        > Bill S. -- Computers with wooden cabinets
        > Kelly L. -- Tandy
        > Mike -- will donate copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers"
        > Katie -- LED calculators
        > Bill P. -- 1984 IBM XT
        > Scott A. -- to be determined
        > David G. DEC (to be determined), TI stuff
        > Jim -- Apple Lisa, Mac, Apple II, Apple III
        > -----
        > Back to 2009: Of the 12 people who initially planned to go, 9 are
        > still actively part of MARCH. (David C. went to work at Microsoft and
        > was never heard from again; Katie never really joined in the first
        > place; Jim a.k.a. MacMotherShip remains on our list but moved to Chicago.)
        > Also, June 12 of this year is the 5th anniversary of when Andy
        > fortuitously posted at vintage-computer.com/vcforum, asking, "Hey,
        > yo... anybody near Scotch Plains?", leading to a series of public and
        > private messages that resulted in MARCH.

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009

          Happy BDay MARCH
          I was active since then too -- in the virtual sense :)
          I didn't make it there till TCF 2007

          =Dan

          Evan Koblentz wrote:

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
            Wow, there was a female in the group at one point? 8-)

            Evan Koblentz wrote:

[...]

            "You work with your females, arm them, and force them to wear clothing!"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
              You're thinking of the subject line. I know the body wording is correct because I copied it for this message (Erik didn't delete the messages from defunct categories, he just moved them.)

              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > MARCH list message # 1 was sent by me on Jan. 18, 2005, at 1:30 AM.
              > The topic: "Who's bringing what to TCF so far":
              > -----
              > Me (evan koblentz) -- miscellaneous handhelds, Apple 1 replica
              > David C. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
              > John A. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
              > Andy -- CP/M systems
              > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
              > Bill S. -- Computers with wooden cabinets
              > Kelly L. -- Tandy
              > Mike -- will donate copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers"
              > Katie -- LED calculators
              > Bill P. -- 1984 IBM XT
              > Scott A. -- to be determined
              > David G. DEC (to be determined), TI stuff
              > Jim -- Apple Lisa, Mac, Apple II, Apple III
              > -----
              > Back to 2009: Of the 12 people who initially planned to go, 9 are
              > still actively part of MARCH. (David C. went to work at Microsoft and
              > was never heard from again; Katie never really joined in the first
              > place; Jim a.k.a. MacMotherShip remains on our list but moved to Chicago.)
              > Also, June 12 of this year is the 5th anniversary of when Andy
              > fortuitously posted at vintage-computer.com/vcforum, asking, "Hey,
              > yo... anybody near Scotch Plains?", leading to a series of public and
              > private messages that resulted in MARCH.

            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 19, 2009
                NICE!!!!!