Weird

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009
      Message
      I logged in to our list management interface and there's a new feature -- suspected spam -- which caught three recent and perfectly good messages (the three in your inboxes before this one, which I manually approved).

      Never saw that happen before.  Too bad it doesn't catch REAL spam.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
        Hi Evan:

        At this end, it looks like those messages were RTF... not plain
        text. Maybe that's what kicked in the SPAM filter?

        73 de Ray

        On Jan 18, 2009, at 2:49 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I logged in to our list management interface and there's a new
        > feature -- suspected spam -- which caught three recent and
        > perfectly good messages (the three in your inboxes before this one,
        > which I manually approved).
        >
        > Never saw that happen before. Too bad it doesn't catch REAL spam.

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
          On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Ray Sills wrote:

          > At this end, it looks like those messages were RTF... not plain
          > text. Maybe that's what kicked in the SPAM filter?

          My message was definitely not RTF, just plain text.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
            Someone emailed me to ask if we have any extra vertical tape drives. He
            wanted to scavenge them for parts so he could build a wind turbine.
            Right, I'm going to sell MARCH items for someone to destroy for parts
            ... !?!? I deleted the message.
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2009
              On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Someone emailed me to ask if we have any extra vertical tape drives. He
              > wanted to scavenge them for parts so he could build a wind turbine.
              > Right, I'm going to sell MARCH items for someone to destroy for parts
              > ... !?!? I deleted the message.

              The DC motors used to drive the tape reels are popular for use as
              generators on windmills.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Barry L. Kline
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
                Mike Loewen wrote:

                > The DC motors used to drive the tape reels are popular for use as
                > generators on windmills.

                That's heresy. Perpetrators should be executed immediately and without
                mercy.

                Barry