OT: Asus

    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 14, 2009
      Message
      Tonight I bought an Asus netbook from a friend (really low price) on behalf of another friend.  So I have a couple of days to play with it before transfering it to friend # 2.

      I am NOT impressed with this thing.  The trackpad button in particular is very uncomfortable.  Seems to require way too much finger pressure to make it click.  Also the processor seems slow.

      Otherwise, beside the light weight and very good battery life, there is absolutely nothing special about it.  It originally was pre-loaded with Linux but friend # 1 installed XP.

      It would be much more interesting if the screen folded over tablet-style, if it had a full touchscreen, if it contained a 3G cellular modem, and if it had some style instead of looking exactly like a 3/4-scale regular laptop.  Also I'd like more travel in the keys.

      I would not buy one of these for myself.
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 40 of 40 , Jan 25, 2009
        Mike/Dave,

        TTTTT H H IIIII NN N KK KK VV VV CCC