Re: [midatlanticretro] Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
      Evan,

      I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured there's no need for me to duplcate.

      To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore VIC 20 system with peripherals, unless there is a specific request instead for an Atari system.  This way with minimal disruption I can swap in and out a commodore 64 in place of the VIC 20 if I want to.

      If we could have access to an analog phone line I could set up a bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from the show...?

      bd

      In a message dated 1/20/2005 1:36:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, evan947@... writes:
      Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

    • evan947
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
        the show...?

        Cool idea! I'll ask the TCF people about that.

        - Evan

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.
        • evan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
            Gotcha.

            --- billdeg@... wrote:

            > A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.

            =====
            Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

            -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
            -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
            -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
            -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
            -- 660 readers and counting!
          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
              > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
              > there's no need for me to duplcate.
              >
              > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

              I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
              have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
              bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
              space).
            • evan947
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                David,

                I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
                Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
                running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

                - Evan

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
                wrote:
                > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
                figured
                > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
                > >
                > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
                >

                > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
                don't
                > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
                want to
                > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
                short on
                > space).
              • David Gesswein
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                  > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
                  > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
                  > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

                  Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
                  I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
                  Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
                  I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
                  up to try it.
                • billdeg@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                    OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
                    Bill
                  • evan947
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                      bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
                      the show...?

                      LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
                      was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

                      I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

                      I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

                      Will forward his reply when it arrives.