Re: [midatlanticretro] Swapping Items at TCF

  • evan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
      Bill,

      Great idea!!

      I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" since
      it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.

      Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use the setting
      for making the table only editable by group members -- that will keep away the
      evil-doers away.

      --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
      > at the TCF. I don't want to get in trouble, I intend to only
      > trade/give away items to group members. Personally I am bringing
      > items that are not valuable enough to ship, but I don't have the
      > heart to throw away. Most are fixable computers and parts from the
      > early 80's. Hopefully the items I have listed will find a new home.
      >
      > Also, if there are any multibus collectors/hobbyists in this group,
      > I have a lot of items listed on my web site that I would be happy to
      > trade as well, and will bring upon request. I am not into multibus
      > myself. From my site type cd multibus [enter].
      >
      > Bill
      > vintagecomputer.net

      Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

      *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
      - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
      - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
      - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
        > Bill,
        >
        > Great idea!!
        >
        > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
        Meet" since
        > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
        >
        > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
        the setting
        > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
        keep away the
        > evil-doers away.

        The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
        couldn't edit the record.

        Kelly
      • evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
          Oops, sorry. I just corrected both the name and the member access.

          --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
          > > Bill,
          > >
          > > Great idea!!
          > >
          > > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
          > Meet" since
          > > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
          > >
          > > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
          > the setting
          > > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
          > keep away the
          > > evil-doers away.
          > >
          > The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
          > couldn't edit the record.
          >
          > Kelly

        • ahm
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2005
            I know this is probably a long-shot, but please check your spares pile.

            I need a floppy drive for the Altos 580 I'm planning to bring,
            specifically a Mitsubishi M4853, which is a 5.25" SSQD drive.

            Thanks!
            Andy