cross references

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
      I no longer have an IC Master in reach so I've got to ask: is there
      any list matching Zilog's 84xx Z80 chip series to Mostek's 388x series?

      It seems MOSTLY straightforward

      CPU = 8400 = 3880
      DMA = 8410 = 3883
      PIO = 8420 = 3881
      CTC = 8430 = 3882
      SIO = 8440, 8442, 8449
      DART = 8470

      so what's the Mostek MK3884, 3885 3887?

      My guess: the 3887 is the DART,
      3884 and 3885 are SIO variations, but what ones?

      -- jeffj
    • Bob Grieb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
        3884,5, and 7 are all two-channel SIO chips.
        (DUAL UARTs)  All pins are the same except 4 that
        are bonded differently for the different chips:

        Transmit clk, Receive clk, DTR and SYNC for channel B.

        Thesemare 40-pin DIPs.  In my data book if you need details.

           Bob

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009

          Bob Grieb wrote:
          3884,5, and 7 are all two-channel SIO chips.
          (DUAL UARTs)  All pins are the same except 4 that
          are bonded differently for the different chips:

          Transmit clk, Receive clk, DTR and SYNC for channel B.

          Thesemare 40-pin DIPs.  In my data book if you need details.

          thanks Bob,
          I was curious too as I only a limited cross reference on the Mostek parts here.
          I have a friend here with a big library of databooks who I was going to ask about this too.

          =Dan