Re: [midatlanticretro] RE: Tandy systems

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 4, 2005
      Mike,

      Here is the URL of some of my Tandy stuff, mostly just the interesting things, but this will give you an idea of what kinds of stuff I collect.  The empty directories mean that I have the system, but I have not yet uploaded any pics/files.

      Bill

      In a message dated 8/4/2005 10:15:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mloewen@... writes:
          I'm particularly interested in finding (and making operational) a
      6000HD system.  I learned Unix (XENIX, actually) on one of those in 1985,
      and wrote a BBS for it which ran for a couple of years in the Tacoma, WA
      area.  I understand that hard drives were a common failure point on the
      6000s, and indeed that's what eventually took down our BBS system.  We had
      an optional 4-port serial board installed, and four 2400bps modems online.

    • billdeg
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005
        Bill S
        I was wrong. If the offer still stands I need a *blue* one. The
        cover is for the far left switch which I believe should be blue.
        Also, let me know if you need anything!
        Thanks.
        Bill Degnan

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
        > Bill,
        > Great! Yes I meant the red plastic switch cover. Did you still
        need a TI/99
        > Expansion unit?
        > Bill
        >
        > In a message dated 8/2/2005 6:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        > wh.sudbrink@v... writes:
        >
        > > Coming.
        > >
        > > Bringing spare red IMSAI front panel switch. I assume you mean
        the plastic
        > > "slap"
        > > lever switch. I have a bunch of those. I don't have a
        spare "rocker"
        > style
        > > power switch.
        > > But, those never break anyway (but they can get very dirty).
        Also,
        > bringing
        > > various tools
        > > and spare S-100 boards useful in troubleshooting an IMSAI.
        > >
        > > Bringing a couple of fans, some extension cords and power
        strips. Should I
        > > bring a
        > > couple of folding chairs?
        > >
        > > Bringing my Sol and OSI C4P-MF.
        > >
        > > Not bringing the Northstar and ADM-3A as leaving it behind will
        make some
        > > more room in
        > > my car for the fans and it sounds like we want to keep this
        event a little
        > > smaller anyway.
        > >
        > > Also, if I don't kill him first, probably bringing my 12-year-
        old son
        > (which
        > > will probably
        > > be a mistake).
        > >
        > > Bill Sudbrink
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005
          > I was wrong. If the offer still stands I need a *blue* one.

          Hmmm... It will have to be an old, possibly discolored one. I have
          a bag of new red ones, but the blues are harder to come by.

          > Also, let me know if you need anything!

          Always looking for OSI.

          Bill
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005
            If you don't have many blue spares, red will do.  Did you also need a TI/99 Expansion unit?
            Bill

            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005
              > If you don't have many blue spares, red will do.

              I have an old (and badly patched) spare IMSAI front panel that has
              already had a couple of switch handles picked off of it. They are
              a bit on the grungy side but might clean up. Whoever operated this
              FP, as well as being a klutz with a soldering iron, had greasy dirty
              fingers. I'll bring a couple of new complete red switches (that I
              was going to bring anyway in case any on your FP had gone bad) and
              the cleanest blue handle I have left.

              > Did you also need a TI/99 Expansion unit?

              Sure, but I have to admit that I haven't done anything with the base
              unit yet and it might be a while before it gets to the top of my
              "play with" pile.

              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005
                Everyone,

                I have a small assortment of ISA cards that I plan to bring down on Saturday.
                The most interesting of these are four memory cards made by Seattle Computer
                (the company that sold DOS to Microsoft). They are fully populated with 256K
                RAM and have a 1" wide slot bracket for the orginal 5-slot PC motherboard.
                They can be set to fill in RAM above 640 are are free to the first people who
                ask.

                Jim

              • billdeg@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 11, 2005