Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: NEW thread for ending 2008 :)

  • Dave Sica
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 4, 2009
      On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:00:13 -0500 "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> writes:
      > What exactly are falling sheep ?

      "Falling Sheep" was the much-ridiculed wipe pattern from the Video Toaster Switcher. It featured a pattern of (what else) sheep falling from the sky as a transition between two video shots. Very appropriate in almost any type of programming - not!  Still it was funny, especially the very last sheep who wiggled his feet as he fell!

      Evan: Maybe we should set up a Video Toaster in the MARCH museum so everyone can experience the "Falling Sheep" wipe at least once!

      --Dave

      .

      Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
      Shop now at www.ftd.com/17007

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 7, 2009
        I had a Macintosh in College so I got the after dark series, then the more after dark series. I'm not sure but one of them was Bill Gates does windows. The screen saver had Bill Gates "cleaning" windows on your monitor and he would adjust his glasses a lot. Not sure if this was a standard screen saver or one that someone created. I loved the screen saver games. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to fire up my Macintoshes some day and see if I still have it.