Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: NEW thread for ending 2008 :)

  • Dave Sica
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 3, 2009
      --- In midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
      wrote:
      > InfoAge plans to build its
      own small studio. Not anytime soon. But
      >perhaps some MARCHins could
      volunteer to help InfoAge with
      > that project.
      ------------ -------
      >And if we want to do
      it properly retro...
      >Tube Cameras,
      >and a Video Toaster

      I have been calling it a "two generations old" studio. When I realized that I had a mountain of not-quite-vintage-but-still-functioning video stuff kicking around we decided to build a studio. Mostly to record oral histories, but hey, maybe we can do a lot more with it. I do have a Toaster (or two.) And several tube cameras, but tube cameras are kinda like computers from 1985; interesting, but we're just too spoiled by current technology to actually use them. I do have a bunch of Sony DXC-3000 cameras. These are first-generation 3-chip units that are now totally obsolete but like the recently much-discussed Model 100 computer (which I also have, with a time-code reader chip inside which was the "killer app" for me) are still actually useable in the real world.

      Current plans call for constructing a mini "interim" studio in the room in the Marconi hotel that MARCH is vacating to tide us over until the "back 40" opens up.

      Anyone up for some falling sheep?  Any day now...

      --Dave Sica

      .

      Click to make millions by owning your own franchise.

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 7, 2009
        I had a Macintosh in College so I got the after dark series, then the more after dark series. I'm not sure but one of them was Bill Gates does windows. The screen saver had Bill Gates "cleaning" windows on your monitor and he would adjust his glasses a lot. Not sure if this was a standard screen saver or one that someone created. I loved the screen saver games. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to fire up my Macintoshes some day and see if I still have it.