64 Minutes on the C=64

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
      This is a pretty cool little dissertation on the C=64, and it's hardware, assembly language, graphics and sound features/capabilities.

      A lot of it was way over my head but very cool to watch nonetheless. I still owe my programming career to starting on the Sinclair ZX80, then the Vic20 and C64 - but I never got into assembly. Watching this reminds me why - it looks like nuclear physics! LOL.

      --Timster--
    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
        Oh wow, the Sinclair was what I got for my daughter a real long time ago.
        The gov that employed me as an indentured servent used CP301 and the college
        I went to gratuously provided me time on a DEC 10.
        I did not get to play on the machine as divorce seems to have been a common
        fate of Navy families.
        bs

        Quoting Timothy J Fagan <tfagan@...>:

        > This is a pretty cool little dissertation on the C=64, and it's hardware,
        > assembly language, graphics and sound features/capabilities.
        >
        > A lot of it was way over my head but very cool to watch nonetheless. I still
        > owe my programming career to starting on the Sinclair ZX80, then the Vic20
        > and C64 - but I never got into assembly. Watching this reminds me why - it
        > looks like nuclear physics! LOL.
        >
        > http://www.pagetable.com/?p=54
        >
        > --Timster--
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2009
          Timster,

          Thanks for the great link. I downloaded and am going to watch it tonight. Looks like a lot of other interesting events as well at the conference.  It is fantastic that there was a commodore 64 presentation.  I shared this link with all those on the #c64-friends channel on IRC.  I'm starting to learn assemble on the C64 and it will be great help to have video along with the many books, references, web sites and helpful people on the internet.

          Jeff