Re: More Classic Computer Ads

  • fairlanefastback
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 1, 2009
      I only brought it up to illustrate my point that today's hard drives
      no longer have high failure rates in response to the other post here.
      I thought that was pretty obvious. :)

      wrote:

      > think it was the 1.2gb ones that were the worst if memory serves.
      >
      > Yes, but such a discussion would be horribly off-topic.

    • fairlanefastback
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 7, 2009
        Just be careful with the 1.2gb version. Compaq had to replace almost
        all the ones they had in Deskpros back in the day. I know as I was
        one of the guys doing the replacing. The higher capacity ones may not
        have shared the same issue though.