Re: [midatlanticretro] #march IRC channel ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      Whatever you want to do is fine, let us know when it's ready for testing.
      bd

      Mason Taube wrote:
      > <!-- DIV {margin:0px;} -->
      > how about a telnet based ddial instead?

    • fairlanefastback
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        A vintage BBS perhaps? :)

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mason Taube <mason_taube@...>
        wrote:

        > how about a telnet based ddial instead?
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009

          What happened to the march channel on Andy's IRC server, irc://kildall.ath. cx/   ?
          He set this up 4yrs ago
          I use to connect to this but it appears to be offline now.

          =Dan

        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
            Dan Roganti wrote:

            > What happened to the march channel on Andy's IRC server,
            > irc://kildall.ath.cx/ ?
            > He set this up 4yrs ago
            > I use to connect to this but it appears to be offline now.
            I believe it got a bit gimpy... Try irc.gimp.net and channel #vc.

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Brian Cirulnick
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, fairlanefastback
              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > A vintage BBS perhaps? :)
              >
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mason Taube <mason_taube@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > how about a telnet based ddial instead?
              > >
              > > ________________________________

              -------------------

              This is probably the time for me to chime in:

              I *already* run a BBS. It uses "vintage" FIRST CLASS software to
              access. The software is for Mac or Windows.

              The Windows version is a 16-bit Win 3.11 app that will still run under
              (most) current versions of Windows (never tested on Vista). It has a
              Y2k problem though, as it will display current messages as being from
              1909 instead of 2009. Not a big issue anyhow really.

              The Mac version however, must run on a NON-OS/X (i.e. classic). I
              haven't found an OSX client that will connect to my server yet. The Mac
              version has no Y2k problem, everything displays OK.

              You can find out more about my BBS by visiting
              http://www.obsolyte.com/fc where you can download the client and try
              connecting to the BBS. There's a real-time chat system available as
              well as Vintage files for your Apple II, Amiga, Windows, Mac etc., And
              the nice thing about First Class is that you can use your mouse,
              multiple windows, and upload/download/chat/send messages, all at the
              same time.

              TTYL
              Brian C.
            • Andy Meyer
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
                On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
                > Dan Roganti wrote:
                >> What happened to the march channel on Andy's IRC server, irc://kildall.ath.cx/ ?

                Sorry, that box is long gone. But as Bryan said,
                a bunch of us still hang out on
                channel: #vc (vintage computers)
                server: irc.us.gimp.net

                There are 8 people on the channel right now.
                So pickup an IRC client, and c'mon by.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IRC_clients

                Andy