Re: [midatlanticretro] Swapping Items at TCF

  • ahm
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
      On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:02:26PM -0000, billdeg wrote:
      > I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
      > at the TCF.

      Bill,

      Looks good, but how do we tell whose stuff it is?
      I suppose we could add a column for that.
      Or perhaps a better layout would be something like this:

      Item Want/Avail Name
      ---- ---------- ---
      C64 parts Available Bill
      Apple //e Wanted Bill

      Cheers,
      Andy
    • evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
        Bill,

        Great idea!!

        I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" since
        it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.

        Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use the setting
        for making the table only editable by group members -- that will keep away the
        evil-doers away.

        --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
        > at the TCF. I don't want to get in trouble, I intend to only
        > trade/give away items to group members. Personally I am bringing
        > items that are not valuable enough to ship, but I don't have the
        > heart to throw away. Most are fixable computers and parts from the
        > early 80's. Hopefully the items I have listed will find a new home.
        >
        > Also, if there are any multibus collectors/hobbyists in this group,
        > I have a lot of items listed on my web site that I would be happy to
        > trade as well, and will bring upon request. I am not into multibus
        > myself. From my site type cd multibus [enter].
        >
        > Bill
        > vintagecomputer.net

        Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

        *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
        - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
        - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
        - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
          > Bill,
          >
          > Great idea!!
          >
          > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
          Meet" since
          > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
          >
          > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
          the setting
          > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
          keep away the
          > evil-doers away.

          The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
          couldn't edit the record.

          Kelly
        • evan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
            Oops, sorry. I just corrected both the name and the member access.

            --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
            > > Bill,
            > >
            > > Great idea!!
            > >
            > > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
            > Meet" since
            > > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
            > >
            > > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
            > the setting
            > > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
            > keep away the
            > > evil-doers away.
            > >
            > The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
            > couldn't edit the record.
            >
            > Kelly

          • ahm
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2005
              I know this is probably a long-shot, but please check your spares pile.

              I need a floppy drive for the Altos 580 I'm planning to bring,
              specifically a Mitsubishi M4853, which is a 5.25" SSQD drive.

              Thanks!
              Andy