Re: [midatlanticretro] NEW thread for ending 2008 :)

    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year all!

      My current projects include:

      A - Vintage (by my definition) stuff running in virtual machines.
      Eventually I would like to get all of the major network operating
      systems (OS/2 LAN Server/Manager, Netware, Vines, and DECnet) running in
      VMs and on period hardware (thanks to Jeff Jonas for all those EISA
      cards and the Arcnet stuff).

      II - Connect these networks using DEC and 3COM (thanks Andy) hardware
      and software.

      3 - Complete the IBM Cluster running on an XT and several PCjrs.

      I have much of the hardware and software to keep these projects going
      but there are some needed items... like two or three EISA systems (bare
      motherboards or complete systems) with processors and RAM. Any OS/2
      documentation or installation media for non-IBM versions of OS/2 and
      other LAN systems - especially Banyan VINES.

      Some LAN cabling would be a great help - like a few yards of thick
      Ethernet coax along with taps and terminations would be fabulous.

      Jim

      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > The constituents have spoken! We need to end 2008 on a happy note.
      >
      > I've already stated MARCH goals for H1-08.
      >
      > What are MARCHins' individual collecting goals? Post something more
      > constructive than just wish lists.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 7, 2009
        I had a Macintosh in College so I got the after dark series, then the more after dark series. I'm not sure but one of them was Bill Gates does windows. The screen saver had Bill Gates "cleaning" windows on your monitor and he would adjust his glasses a lot. Not sure if this was a standard screen saver or one that someone created. I loved the screen saver games. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to fire up my Macintoshes some day and see if I still have it.