Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: InfoAgo Chat? Monday?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 3 3:09 PM
      Evan,
      Sure. I don't really know much about the 100/200's.
      Bill

    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 3 3:16 PM
        John,

        I will keep that in mind. Let me know what you need. Right off I have a lot
        of extra disk doubler cards for Mod 1 expansion units, disk controllers for
        model III/4, and. RS232 cards for model III.

        I have a cool software programs called PC3 and PC Four that emulate Model III
        and Model 4's on an IBM XT, and and copy utility that allows copying of Model
        III and 4 software to PC and back again. You can format Model III disks on
        a PC, etc. Very useful for archiving.

        If you're in the Wilmington, Delaware area, feel free to come down for a
        visit. Too much to list here.

        Bill

        > Bill,
        >
        > Regretfully, I won't be able to attend the upcoming opening, but am
        > looking forward to other opportunities to see the space and help get
        > it set up. (In addition to my computer and tech writing skills, I'm
        > good at construction stuff, too.)
        >
        > Regarding items 1 and 9 in your list: I'm interested in anything
        > related to TRS-80, any model. (I'm going to see if I can get one of
        > my Mod Is up and running next month...) Anything you don't want,
        > please let me know!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > -John M.

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 4 6:51 AM

          UtOh! Looks like I have some competition in the Tandy area! :-)

          All kidding aside, I have quite a Tandy business machine collection,
          including complete Model II, Model 12, Model 16b, Model 6000s. I also have a
          Model 4 and 4p that work. A model 100, 102 and 200. For the PCs, I have a
          model 1000sx.

          I have bunches of spare parts for the business machines, and several
          examples of the 16b and the model 12. If anyone needs help, parts or
          software for these just let me know.

          Non working units include: A model III ,a model 16, and a Model 600. Both
          are in the process of being repaired.

          I'm now looking for the Tandy terminals. I have a DT-1 on the way, and am on
          the look out for a DT-100 (which is a rebadged and slightly crippled wyse
          (60 or 75)). Then it's on to the CoCo and MC-10 machines.

          Following is a complete list of the Tandy machines I have right now.
          1 - 600 *
          1 - 4
          2 - 4p
          1 - II
          1 - III *
          3 - 12
          1 - 16 *
          2 - 16b
          1 - 1000sx

          Most have hard drives too. Ones with an * are non working units.
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 4 7:14 AM
            On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

            > All kidding aside, I have quite a Tandy business machine collection,
            > including complete Model II, Model 12, Model 16b, Model 6000s. I also have a
            > Model 4 and 4p that work. A model 100, 102 and 200. For the PCs, I have a
            > model 1000sx.

            I am looking at eventually adding more Tandy machines, to include any
            of the non-Coco systems prior to the Model 1000s. Currently, the only
            functional unit I have is a 128Kb Model 4 (non-gate array), which was my
            2nd computer. I also have a 64Kb gate-array Model 4 with floppy drive
            problems, and a functional Model 1 monitor. I've been promised a complete
            Model III system with printer, hopefully by the end of the summer. My
            first computer was a Model III, which I gradually upgraded to 48Kb, 2 SSDD
            floppy drives, RS-232 interface and a 300bps modem.

            I have two 5Mb primary hard drives for the Model III/4 systems, one
            with a defective controller and the other untested.

            I'm particularly interested in finding (and making operational) a
            6000HD system. I learned Unix (XENIX, actually) on one of those in 1985,
            and wrote a BBS for it which ran for a couple of years in the Tacoma, WA
            area. I understand that hard drives were a common failure point on the
            6000s, and indeed that's what eventually took down our BBS system. We had
            an optional 4-port serial board installed, and four 2400bps modems online.

            Most of my recent acquisitions have been CP/M based systems. I have an
            Osborne 1 (original tan case), 2nd revision Osborne 1 (blue/white) and an
            Osborne Executive. Also a Kaypro 2, Kaypro 2X and a Kaypro 10.

            I also have 3 Apple IIe systems and parts which I have to test and
            consolidate. Two are vanilla IIe systems and the third is the enhanced
            version. I'll probably put together one of each, and make the third
            available for a trade.

            I'm slowly putting my collection online: URL at the bottom.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • billdeg@aol.com

              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 11 5:54 AM
                Bill S
                I was wrong. If the offer still stands I need a *blue* one. The
                cover is for the far left switch which I believe should be blue.
                Also, let me know if you need anything!
                Thanks.
                Bill Degnan

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
                > Bill,
                > Great! Yes I meant the red plastic switch cover. Did you still
                need a TI/99
                > Expansion unit?
                > Bill
                >
                > In a message dated 8/2/2005 6:03:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                > wh.sudbrink@v... writes:
                >
                > > Coming.
                > >
                > > Bringing spare red IMSAI front panel switch. I assume you mean
                the plastic
                > > "slap"
                > > lever switch. I have a bunch of those. I don't have a
                spare "rocker"
                > style
                > > power switch.
                > > But, those never break anyway (but they can get very dirty).
                Also,
                > bringing
                > > various tools
                > > and spare S-100 boards useful in troubleshooting an IMSAI.
                > >
                > > Bringing a couple of fans, some extension cords and power
                strips. Should I
                > > bring a
                > > couple of folding chairs?
                > >
                > > Bringing my Sol and OSI C4P-MF.
                > >
                > > Not bringing the Northstar and ADM-3A as leaving it behind will
                make some
                > > more room in
                > > my car for the fans and it sounds like we want to keep this
                event a little
                > > smaller anyway.
                > >
                > > Also, if I don't kill him first, probably bringing my 12-year-
                old son
                > (which
                > > will probably
                > > be a mistake).
                > >
                > > Bill Sudbrink
              • Bill Sudbrink
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 11 7:04 AM
                  > I was wrong. If the offer still stands I need a *blue* one.

                  Hmmm... It will have to be an old, possibly discolored one. I have
                  a bag of new red ones, but the blues are harder to come by.

                  > Also, let me know if you need anything!

                  Always looking for OSI.

                  Bill
                • billdeg@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 11 8:10 AM
                    If you don't have many blue spares, red will do.  Did you also need a TI/99 Expansion unit?
                    Bill

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 11 10:51 AM
                      > If you don't have many blue spares, red will do.

                      I have an old (and badly patched) spare IMSAI front panel that has
                      already had a couple of switch handles picked off of it. They are
                      a bit on the grungy side but might clean up. Whoever operated this
                      FP, as well as being a klutz with a soldering iron, had greasy dirty
                      fingers. I'll bring a couple of new complete red switches (that I
                      was going to bring anyway in case any on your FP had gone bad) and
                      the cleanest blue handle I have left.

                      > Did you also need a TI/99 Expansion unit?

                      Sure, but I have to admit that I haven't done anything with the base
                      unit yet and it might be a while before it gets to the top of my
                      "play with" pile.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 11 11:09 AM
                        Everyone,

                        I have a small assortment of ISA cards that I plan to bring down on Saturday.
                        The most interesting of these are four memory cards made by Seattle Computer
                        (the company that sold DOS to Microsoft). They are fully populated with 256K
                        RAM and have a 1" wide slot bracket for the orginal 5-slot PC motherboard.
                        They can be set to fill in RAM above 640 are are free to the first people who
                        ask.

                        Jim

                      • billdeg@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 11 11:26 AM