Re: [midatlanticretro] NEW thread for ending 2008 :)

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 31, 2008
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Message
      The constituents have spoken!  We need to end 2008 on a happy note.

      I've already stated MARCH goals for H1-08.

      What are MARCHins' individual collecting goals?  Post something more constructive than just wish lists.

      I'm getting my Imsai upgraded to run CP/M in time for VCF East. This will include a multiprocessor simulator using three Atari 800's interfaced to the Imsai which is using the Floating Point accelerator(from VCF East 5.0). The simulator will have three 19" monitors, one from each Atari 800 in synchronous operation to provide a multi-monitor display while communicating with the Imsai (which will be using Pascal MT+ compiler). I like to run  the original Lunar Lander simulation(with graphics) or maybe the original Star Trek game(with some new patches), either of which would be programmed to run in real-time. The reasoning for these choices is '09 is the 40th moon landing anniversary and also the new Star Trek film is released.  It's 70's microcomputing hacking at it's best. Now if I can take enough sick days off from work... :)

      =Dan
      P.S.
      When is VCF East ?
      --
      [ Happy Vintage New Year --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/   ]

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 7, 2009
        I had a Macintosh in College so I got the after dark series, then the more after dark series. I'm not sure but one of them was Bill Gates does windows. The screen saver had Bill Gates "cleaning" windows on your monitor and he would adjust his glasses a lot. Not sure if this was a standard screen saver or one that someone created. I loved the screen saver games. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to fire up my Macintoshes some day and see if I still have it.