Re: [midatlanticretro] NEW thread for ending 2008 :)

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 31, 2008
      On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > What are MARCHins' individual collecting goals? Post something more
      > constructive than just wish lists.

      I want to overhaul my 029 keypunch and get it into operating condition,
      then take it in to my office. :-) I've already started, and found I'll
      have to clean all the exposed switch and relay contacts (Deoxit) due to
      corrosion and oxidation. I'm confident I can get it running, though.
      The 059 verifier is in worse shape, but if I can get it working I'll
      probably put it up for sale.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 7, 2009
        I had a Macintosh in College so I got the after dark series, then the more after dark series. I'm not sure but one of them was Bill Gates does windows. The screen saver had Bill Gates "cleaning" windows on your monitor and he would adjust his glasses a lot. Not sure if this was a standard screen saver or one that someone created. I loved the screen saver games. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. I will have to fire up my Macintoshes some day and see if I still have it.