Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: More Classic Computer Ads

  • chandra bajpai
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 31, 2008
      I remember Ed Juge's name from the early 80's when I bought my TRS-80
      Model I....so I decided to google to see what he did post-Tandy.
      Unfortunately he passed away in 2003. It made me sad to realize that
      a lot of the guys who were in the center of the computer revolution
      are no longer with us. Some of the name I remember off hand are: Adam
      Osborne and George Morrow.

      I was fortunate enough to meet Adam Osborne at the PC-Expo trade show
      in the 90's and he was a pretty cool guy. It was interesting to see
      how few people recognized him.

      -Chandra

      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM, jus10j <jaj@...> wrote:
      > Just came across this last night while reading Priming the Pump: How
      > TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution by David Welsh and
      > Theresa Welsh, "In 1999, columnist Pete Waldmeir of the Detroit News
      > wrote a column saying the News technical support people had insisted
      > he finally give up his Model 100 (it was not Y2K compliant), which he
      > was still using. Ed Juge also told us the same year he had
      > encountered many reported still using Model 100s during the frequent
      > traveling he was doing for his post-Tandy work."
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>

      > who
      > are
      >> still using these things.
      >>
      >> Bull. Urban rumor.
      >>
      >> That might've been true in 1993, 10 years after the 100 debuted.
      > But
      > as a
      >> reporter myself, I've been in HUNDREDS of media rooms and press
      > conferences,
      >> and everyone has a modern laptop.

    • fairlanefastback
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 7, 2009
        Just be careful with the 1.2gb version. Compaq had to replace almost
        all the ones they had in Deskpros back in the day. I know as I was
        one of the guys doing the replacing. The higher capacity ones may not
        have shared the same issue though.