What do *you* still use that's "vintage"? was: TRS80 Model 100 is it still used

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
      OK...some people use their Model 100's today. I have seen one person in
      the past few years who used a Model 100 to connect to the Internet, yes
      there will always be someone doing something...

      Anyway,
      In day-to-day life, I still use the same Casio fx-910 calculator I had in
      highschool or college (it's from the 80's). It's a solar cell and I have
      never changed the batteries (I don't even think there are batteries).

      I have a Commodore C128 hooked up to my home PC via ethernet cable.

      I have a Williams Pong arcade cabinet set up in my office conference room
      that we use somewhat frequently.

      Other than that I only use vintage stuff for hobby-related activities.

      Bill
    • fairlanefastback
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
        Since moving to Manhattan a few months ago nothing, there is no room.
        :(

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...>
        wrote:

        > OK...some people use their Model 100's today. I have seen one
        person in
        > the past few years who used a Model 100 to connect to the Internet, yes
        > there will always be someone doing something...
        >
        > Anyway,
        > In day-to-day life, I still use the same Casio fx-910 calculator I ...
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008
          Bill Degnan wrote:
          > OK...some people use their Model 100's today. I have seen one person in
          > the past few years who used a Model 100 to connect to the Internet, yes
          > there will always be someone doing something...
          >
          > Anyway,
          > In day-to-day life, I still use the same Casio fx-910 calculator I had in
          > highschool or college (it's from the 80's). It's a solar cell and I have
          > never changed the batteries (I don't even think there are batteries).
          >
          > I have a Commodore C128 hooked up to my home PC via ethernet cable.
          >
          > I have a Williams Pong arcade cabinet set up in my office conference room
          > that we use somewhat frequently.
          >
          > Other than that I only use vintage stuff for hobby-related activities.

          Indeed. I use an HP-200LX and an HP-28S on a daily basis. I use the
          HP-28S extensively in my professional work (As some of you may know, I'm
          a programmer), and it has a manufacture date of 1988.

          I use them because I can't seem to find more modern replacements which
          function as well as or are as durable as the older equipment I use. I
          know for a fact that there are many programmers who zealously guard
          their HP-16C Programmer's Calculators, which date from 1982.

          Peace... Sridhar
        • J. Kalin
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2008

            I have two Apple IIe’s, an Apple IIgs, connected to daisywheel and dot matrix printers.  I have an IBM PS/2 Model 60 connected to IBM Proprinter also a IBM PCjr also connected to a IBM Proprinter.  I don’t use them on a daily basis, but I do use them.

            My vacuum cleaner is from 1956-57.  I have a collection of IBM Typewriters, and I will soon be restoring a Lady Kenmore washer and dryer from 1973, and I’m currently trying to locate a either a Maytag or Speed Queen wringer washer.

            Is that vintage enough, LOL?

            Jim

            wrote:

            > OK...some people use their Model 100's today. I have seen one
            person in
            > the past few years who used a Model 100 to connect to the Internet, yes
            > there will always be someone doing something...
            >
            > Anyway,
            > In day-to-day life, I still use the same Casio fx-910 calculator I ...

          • rkushnier
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
              I still regularly use my TI SR-10 calculator.
              An Apple 1400 Powerbook and Stylewriter printer.

              HEY! If tools count, some of mine date back to WWII. Of course, they
              were my Dad's.

              Ron K
            • Bob Schwier
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
                My Panosonic KX-P1092i keeps working as lexmarks and other ink jets
                that are supposed to replace it drop dead.
                bs