Re: More Classic Computer Ads

  • jus10j
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 30, 2008
      Just came across this last night while reading Priming the Pump: How
      TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution by David Welsh and
      Theresa Welsh, "In 1999, columnist Pete Waldmeir of the Detroit News
      wrote a column saying the News technical support people had insisted
      he finally give up his Model 100 (it was not Y2K compliant), which he
      was still using. Ed Juge also told us the same year he had
      encountered many reported still using Model 100s during the frequent
      traveling he was doing for his post-Tandy work."

      wrote:

> [...]
      who
      are
      > still using these things.
      >
      > Bull. Urban rumor.
      >
      > That might've been true in 1993, 10 years after the 100 debuted.
      But
      as a
      > reporter myself, I've been in HUNDREDS of media rooms and press
      conferences,
      > and everyone has a modern laptop.

    • fairlanefastback
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 7, 2009
        Just be careful with the 1.2gb version. Compaq had to replace almost
        all the ones they had in Deskpros back in the day. I know as I was
        one of the guys doing the replacing. The higher capacity ones may not
        have shared the same issue though.