Found at dump: TTL CPU boards. If you can tell me anything...

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
       I found two circuit boards at my recycling center. They were in a small rack. I took all.
      Rack is a bronzish color, with seven slots. Its supposed to have a backplane, but it no longer does.
      On the rack is a sticker which shows that it was rented to someone in November of 1971.

      Inside the rack were two boards. They consist mostly of TTL chips, made by mostly Fairchild, with some AMD, TI, and whatever manufacturer used a lowecase "i" (intel?)
      The two boards are marked as CPU-HI 25-355 and CPU-LO 25-356. On CPU-LO, there are four other IC, all identical and in a row. 934159/MSI 7128. I believe these are made by Fairchild as well.
      The LO board also has several service tags attached to it. The only thing they tell me is that particular board's serial number, which is 463.

      I can get some pictures up later.

      Thanks for any possible help :)

      By the way, to whomever it applies to, Merry Christmas and Happy Jewish Holiday (which I cannot spell!)

      Joe
      --
      "You work with your females, arm them, and force them to wear clothing!"

    • Bob Grieb
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
        Joe,

           Check the AMD chips for part numbers with 29 in them.
        2900 series were "bit-slice" processors from AMD, which were
        used around that time.  If the CPU is divided into two boards, it could
        be that type of design.

           Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2008
          The AMD processors appear to just have been replacements, as they also have a number on them beginning "74."
           I cannot find anything that seems to be an FCC ID.

          Heres a pic of the CPU-LO board
          http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0634ro8.jpg
          And the CPU-HI
          http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0633gs9.jpg

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 24, 2008
            It would help if you gave the complete number from the chip rather than "It begins with 74".

            Mfg Part#  934159/74181
            Part Type:  Unclassified
            Manufacturer:  Fairchild Semiconductor

            74181 is a TTL 4 bit arithmetic logic unit in a 24 pin dip.

            Motorola had a 93415 chip which is a 1024 x 1 open collector Ram in a 16 pin package for use with 2900 series bit slice microprocessors.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 24, 2008
              You turned it into a coffee table?? lol

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Giliberti"