Swapping Items at TCF

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
      I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
      at the TCF. I don't want to get in trouble, I intend to only
      trade/give away items to group members. Personally I am bringing
      items that are not valuable enough to ship, but I don't have the
      heart to throw away. Most are fixable computers and parts from the
      early 80's. Hopefully the items I have listed will find a new home.

      Also, if there are any multibus collectors/hobbyists in this group,
      I have a lot of items listed on my web site that I would be happy to
      trade as well, and will bring upon request. I am not into multibus
      myself. From my site type cd multibus [enter].

      Bill
      vintagecomputer.net
    • ahm
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
        On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:02:26PM -0000, billdeg wrote:
        > I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
        > at the TCF.

        Bill,

        Looks good, but how do we tell whose stuff it is?
        I suppose we could add a column for that.
        Or perhaps a better layout would be something like this:

        Item Want/Avail Name
        ---- ---------- ---
        C64 parts Available Bill
        Apple //e Wanted Bill

        Cheers,
        Andy
      • evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
          Bill,

          Great idea!!

          I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" since
          it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.

          Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use the setting
          for making the table only editable by group members -- that will keep away the
          evil-doers away.

          --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > I created a yahoo group database for items available/wanted to swap
          > at the TCF. I don't want to get in trouble, I intend to only
          > trade/give away items to group members. Personally I am bringing
          > items that are not valuable enough to ship, but I don't have the
          > heart to throw away. Most are fixable computers and parts from the
          > early 80's. Hopefully the items I have listed will find a new home.
          >
          > Also, if there are any multibus collectors/hobbyists in this group,
          > I have a lot of items listed on my web site that I would be happy to
          > trade as well, and will bring upon request. I am not into multibus
          > myself. From my site type cd multibus [enter].
          >
          > Bill
          > vintagecomputer.net

          Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

          *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
          - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
          - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
          - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
            > Bill,
            >
            > Great idea!!
            >
            > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
            Meet" since
            > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
            >
            > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
            the setting
            > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
            keep away the
            > evil-doers away.

            The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
            couldn't edit the record.

            Kelly
          • evan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 5, 2005
              Oops, sorry. I just corrected both the name and the member access.

              --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
              > > Bill,
              > >
              > > Great idea!!
              > >
              > > I tweaked it a little bit: changed the name to "MARCH Virtual Swap
              > Meet" since
              > > it can last forever beyond just TCF and added a 'name' row.
              > >
              > > Whenever we add more tables in the future, please be sure to use
              > the setting
              > > for making the table only editable by group members -- that will
              > keep away the
              > > evil-doers away.
              > >
              > The stuff listed as being from Bill is actually from Kelly. I
              > couldn't edit the record.
              >
              > Kelly

            • ahm
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 6, 2005
                I know this is probably a long-shot, but please check your spares pile.

                I need a floppy drive for the Altos 580 I'm planning to bring,
                specifically a Mitsubishi M4853, which is a 5.25" SSQD drive.

                Thanks!
                Andy