RE: [midatlanticretro] Just what is an Atari 65XL?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      I dialed up Curt Vendel for this one.  He says it's the 65XE, not XL, and that it's actually an 800XL repackaged in grey and white plastic.  He said it was one of several name changes when the Trammiel clan took over.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        Quite right! There was a sticker over the E (L?), making it look like
        an "L". Anybody know the power pin-out, so I can fire up this bad boy?
        Original supply gone with the wind. Bill/KA3AIS

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
        > I dialed up Curt Vendel for this one. He says it's the 65XE, not
        XL, and
        > that it's actually an 800XL repackaged in grey and white plastic.
        He said
        > it was one of several name changes when the Trammiel clan took over.
        >
        > _____

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
          If anyone can help you, it's Curt!  He's the ultimate Atari expert.

          (If you haven't corresponded with him before, then mention this thread, etc.)