Just what is an Atari 65XL?

  • wpileggi
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      Just what is an Atari 65XL? A friend pulled one out of garage and told
      me to find a home for it.
      Bill/KA3AIS
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        I dialed up Curt Vendel for this one.  He says it's the 65XE, not XL, and that it's actually an 800XL repackaged in grey and white plastic.  He said it was one of several name changes when the Trammiel clan took over.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
          Quite right! There was a sticker over the E (L?), making it look like
          an "L". Anybody know the power pin-out, so I can fire up this bad boy?
          Original supply gone with the wind. Bill/KA3AIS

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
          > I dialed up Curt Vendel for this one. He says it's the 65XE, not
          XL, and
          > that it's actually an 800XL repackaged in grey and white plastic.
          He said
          > it was one of several name changes when the Trammiel clan took over.
          >
          > _____

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
            If anyone can help you, it's Curt!  He's the ultimate Atari expert.

            (If you haven't corresponded with him before, then mention this thread, etc.)