MARCH major priorities for 2009

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2008
      Message
      I know we're barely recovered from the 2008 holiday party, but here's a list of some priorities (in order) for the first half of 2009.

      1. Condense the items in our H-building storage area.  Things are starting to overflow and the InfoAge laborers (who don't know about computers and speak little English) have been witnessed putting random crap among empty spaces in our collection.  We must jump on this issue ASAP.  I will talk to Fred and will use yellow tape to mark off our section.  But I'll need help moving heavy things around.  Luckily this job doesn't involve any stairs, going outdoors, etc.

      2. Tacle a library project.  Part 1 is that we'll remove existing books from the main InfoAge library that we do NOT want, which InfoAge will then get rid of however they see fit.  Part 2 is that we'll put aside the books we DO want.  Part 3 is that we'll condense some of the computers in our basement storage room.  Part 4 is that we'll transform a decent-sized section of the basement in a habitable library area -- shelves high off the floor in case of water, setting up a dehumidifier system, putting in some new sheetrock, slapping on some paint and real lights to make the area an enjoyable place.

      3. Continue making exhibits in our rooms in building 9032-C.  Also improve the existing exhibits.

      4. Should we bother with the Trenton show this year?  I vote no.  Instead, we can have MARCH Spring Party, similar to this weekend's holiday party.

      5. As spring ends and summer approaches, we'll start thinking about VCF East 6.0.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008

        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Message
        We definitely have to set up arcade stations scattered throughout the next VCF East.

        4. Should we bother with the Trenton show this year?  I vote no.  Instead, we can have MARCH Spring Party, similar to this weekend's holiday party.

        5. As spring ends and summer approaches, we'll start thinking about VCF East 6.0.

        Sounds like it was a blast. I sure wished I could've made it there last weekend.
        How about combining the MARCH party with VCF East into a 3day weekend--right after we setup the exhibits on Fri. It should make more people arrive on the Fri to setup instead of Sat morning to enjoy the festivities. I for one like to stay up late Fri and Sat nite during that weekend having some fun too. Then it's a big festival.

        =Dan
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
          I agree with your decision about TCF.

          I rather see a March Spring/Summer Party than TCF...

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
            Christian Nintendo. ha ha

            Anyhoo.... Four events per year sounds about right. Two get
            together/parties opposite in time from VCF and some other external booth
            type event like HOPE or Too Many Games, etc. Speaking of Too Many Games
            (Harrisburg. PA) that would have been a good venue for the gaming
            contingent of MARCH to man a booth.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
              Oh God not you..

              They call me that in the Coast Guard.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
                "Super Nintendo Chalmers"

                From: Christian Liendo
                Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:30:40 -0800 (PST)
                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > 4. Should we bother with the Trenton show this year? I vote no.
                  > Instead, we can have MARCH Spring Party, similar to this weekend's
                  > holiday party.

                  I vote a very strong YES on this.. The reason why? Because the Trenton
                  show is the only event where we reach out to the "regular" people as
                  opposed to us nerds. From the director of Infoage's speech given at VCF
                  east 2007, he wants bus loads of school children visiting so that one or
                  two of them will be *inspired*. If we were to have a MARCH spring
                  party, it would not help Infoage or our museum, but would be only for us
                  when we could be encouraging a few of the non-nerds to visit our museum
                  and Infoage.

                  For us to grow I believe we should be looking beyond the technical
                  nature of our annual show. I think the idea of having multiple game
                  machines like Atari 2600's setup would be a step in the right
                  direction. In a way we may want to do things a little differently then
                  VCF West since we are working on creating a real brick and mortar
                  historical science museum.

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 11, 2008
                    Evan,

                    I'm curious. How will we decide which books we want and don't want ? I'm willing to help out with this project.

                    Jeff
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 12, 2008
                      It's not a large video, just something I made quickly

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5a5_xGif0Y
                    • fairlanefastback
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 12, 2008
                        I believe you are 100 percent correct sir. :)

                        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...>