The MARCH holiday party

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
      Well, I just got home a little while ago. The weather on the ride back was pretty bad. The wind was blowing the van around something awful. Combined with slick roads and snow... fun fun.

      But, I had a great time at the party. Great to see everyone again, play games and hang out. Lugging all those televsion sets and games out there was definitely worth it - maybe I should bring them to VCF next year. Game consoles shouldn't be overlooked in the history of computing. That, and they're a lot of fun :)

      It was also great fun to watch movies with a room full of other people, who, like myself, already know all the dialogue. (One point twenty one gigawatts!)

      I know a couple people took pictures - did anyone post them anywhere?

      -Ian
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
        >>> It was also great fun to watch movies with a room full of other people,
        who, like myself, already know all the dialogue. (One point twenty one
        gigawatts!)

        Yeah, it was like Rocky Horror in there ... Hey whose idea was it to arrange
        the chairs theater-style? That worked out really well.
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
          I was my idea !  Just kidding. I think it was just group common sense. It made sense to move the chairs from the computers and put them in front of the projector. It really did work out well and it was great fun.  I think we should have gatherings like this more than once per year. It was nice to have a bunch of people with similar interests sharing and enjoying.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
            Although I had heard people quoting Monty Python for years, I have never actually saw the movie until the MARCH holiday party. So I guess I have be officially initiated into geekdom.

            Glad to hear that you got home ok Ian. It was fun to stay overnight at the cottage. Me and 5 others went to a local diner after waking up at the cottage. Then we cleaned up and packed up.  It was fun to watch another movie at the cottage Saturday night after the official party had eneded. It was also fun to hear all jokes told by Evan and others.  It's nice to make new friends and just have fun.

            Although we didn't get a tournament organized, I think that we should try to organize an Atari 2600 tournament at MARCH. I can't speak for Ian, but I think he and I would be willing to organize such an event. I think it would be great fun to hold an event such as this at MARCH.

            What do you think everyone ?

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
              On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
              > Hey whose idea was it to arrange the chairs theater-style?

              Me, actually. But like Jeff said, it was just common sense.

              Andy