Re: Edmund C. Berkeley- Brainiacs

  • rkushnier
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2008
      Glad to hear there is so much interest in Geniac. I've posted a
      picture of my books at:

      Yea, the Geniac wasn't the most reliable machine in terms
      of switch contacts. :-) It was a real challange to tighten
      down the masonite wheels to just the right pressure to make all the
      connections.

      I can't confirm that the Brainiac had just three wheels.
      The book seems to indicate some Brainiac experiments
      used six wheels.

      Fun and games!

      Ron

      > Yeah, I had a Geniac. It was pretty cool, but a bit finicky. I
      > learned how to tighten the nuts on the screws without wrapping up
      the
      > wires as you turn. The real problem I had was the brass "tabs" on
      > the selector wheels didn't consistently make contact with the screw
      > heads on the base. So the circuit connections weren't reliable.
      >
      > I guess this was the late 60's and I was 10 or 11.
      >
      > But all in all it was cool. I wish I still had mine. I've found
      > some manual scans on the net with circuit designs. Correct me if
      I'm