FW: Rescue help needed in southern NJ

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi folks,

      VCF's Sellam Ismail asks if anyone from our group would pack and ship some
      Apple II clones and other gear for him. The loot is currently in Blackwood,
      NJ (a bit south of Cherry Hill). In exchange, he's offering a free VCF
      t-shirt and he'll pick up your admission to any VCF event (which is VCF 8
      this fall or our VCF East 3.0 next spring). He also says the helper can
      keep the monitors from the stash in question. Of course, he will reimburse
      the S/H costs.

      What's to be packed and shipped:

      - Three luggables
      - a box of disks
      - external hard drives
      - box of miscellany

      See photo here:

      http://www.siconic.com/computers/franklin2.jpg

      - Evan
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
        Evan <evan947@...> wrote :

        > Hi folks,
        >
        > VCF's Sellam Ismail asks if anyone from our group would pack and ship some
        > Apple II clones and other gear for him.  The loot is currently in Blackwood,
        > NJ (a bit south of Cherry Hill).  In exchange, he's offering a free VCF
        > t-shirt and he'll pick up your admission to any VCF event (which is VCF 8
        > this fall or our VCF East 3.0 next spring).  He also says the helper can
        > keep the monitors from the stash in question.  Of course, he will reimburse
        > the S/H costs.
        >
        > What's to be packed and shipped:
        >
        > - Three luggables
        > - a box of disks
        > - external hard drives
        > - box of miscellany
        >
        > See photo here:

        That fellow kept trying to sell it all to ex-Franklin people, but nobody
        would bite. I worked on all the equipment in the pile and expressed an
        interest, but wouldn't give firm prices. Other Apple-clone guys (Ernest
        at apple2clones.com) was also very interested. This fellow picked up all
        the stuff at the famous Franklin "yard sale" at the disco.

        If anyone wants to lead the project, I'll volunteer to assist. It'll be
        fun to see all this stuff again. All of the portables are Franklin CXs,
        a "portable" machine that could read many different disk formats, ran
        CP/M as well as FDOS (Franklin's much-improved DOS), etc.

        Hey Bob Grieb, are you interested? You worked on the CXs, right?

        Bob

        ___________________________________
        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2005
          Hi Bob,

          I suppose it would be fun to see that old stuff one more time...
          We could make a trip of it. Why isn't the seller willing to pack the
          stuff himself, if he'll be reimbursed?

          I worked on the CX floppy drive (Qume), and the disk controller
          circuit.

          Bob

          --- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:

          > Evan <evan947@...> wrote :
          >
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > VCF's Sellam Ismail asks if anyone from our group would pack and
          > ship some
          > > Apple II clones and other gear for him.  The loot is currently
          > in Blackwood,
          > > NJ (a bit south of Cherry Hill).  In exchange, he's offering a
          > free VCF
          > > t-shirt and he'll pick up your admission to any VCF event (which is
          > VCF 8
          > > this fall or our VCF East 3.0 next spring).  He also says the
          > helper can
          > > keep the monitors from the stash in question.  Of course, he
          > will reimburse
          > > the S/H costs.
          > >
          > > What's to be packed and shipped:
          > >
          > > - Three luggables
          > > - a box of disks
          > > - external hard drives
          > > - box of miscellany
          > >
          > > See photo here:
          >
          > That fellow kept trying to sell it all to ex-Franklin people, but
          > nobody
          > would bite. I worked on all the equipment in the pile and expressed
          > an
          > interest, but wouldn't give firm prices. Other Apple-clone guys
          > (Ernest
          > at apple2clones.com) was also very interested. This fellow picked up
          > all
          > the stuff at the famous Franklin "yard sale" at the disco.
          >
          > If anyone wants to lead the project, I'll volunteer to assist. It'll
          > be
          > fun to see all this stuff again. All of the portables are Franklin
          > CXs,
          > a "portable" machine that could read many different disk formats, ran
          > CP/M as well as FDOS (Franklin's much-improved DOS), etc.
          >
          > Hey Bob Grieb, are you interested? You worked on the CXs, right?
          >
          > Bob

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2005
            >>> Why isn't the seller willing to pack the stuff himself, if he'll be reimbursed?

            Sellam didn't say.

            <evan947@...> wrote :

            > > Hi folks,
            > >
            > > VCF's Sellam Ismail asks if anyone from our group would pack
            and
            > ship some
            > > Apple II clones and other gear for
            him.&nbsp; The loot is currently
            > in Blackwood,
            > > NJ (a
            bit south of Cherry Hill).&nbsp; In exchange, he's offering a
            > free
            VCF
            > > t-shirt and he'll pick up your admission to any VCF event
            (which is
            > VCF 8
            > > this fall or our VCF East 3.0 next
            spring).&nbsp; He also says the
            > helper can
            > > keep the
            monitors from the stash in question.&nbsp; Of course, he
            > will
            reimburse
            > > the S/H costs.
            > >
            > > What's to be
            packed and shipped:

            > > - Three luggables
            > > -
            a box of disks
            > > - external hard drives
            > > - box of
            miscellany

            ___________________________________
            > NOCC,
            href="http://nocc.sourceforge.net">http://nocc.sourceforge.net

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • chrism3667
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6, 2005
              if I might ask, if the job is still open, is this stuph all
              Apple/Franklin? If I were to go out there on my only night off this
              week I'll need coaxing. Like something really groovy I'd get to keep
              :D. Next week (not sure what the week'll bring though), I might be
              more inclined just on the basis of goodwill.
              And it might not be common knowledge, but Franklin made a PC. I think
              I have a lead on one though.
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 6, 2005
                Check with Sellam / vcf@... -- maybe he's willing to negotiate.

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2005
                  When you talk to Sellam, ask if we could maybe make some copies of the
                  disks. That fellow bought a whole pile of Engineering notes, disks from
                  the Engineering department, etc. I'll probably recognize some of my old
                  disks and would be interested in copying some of them. Besides, he'll
                  need help just figuring out what disks are associated with what project.

                  Name a night when you want to go down, and maybe you'll get some
                  help from some of the guys that produced those computers.

                  Bob

                  > if I might ask, if the job is still open, is this stuph all
                  > Apple/Franklin? If I were to go out there on my only night off this
                  > week I'll need coaxing. Like something really groovy I'd get to keep
                  > :D. Next week (not sure what the week'll bring though), I might be
                  > more inclined just on the basis of goodwill.
                  > And it might not be common knowledge, but Franklin made a PC. I think
                  > I have a lead on one though.

                  > Vintage

                  =30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=5
                  > &s=105&.sig=QM0hvMZiYa-7CzLVaYw-uQ> computer 30th

                  =30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=5
                  > &s=105&.sig=jQj2GkQMOlbp-6FXRaJpTg> anniversary Computer

                  2=30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=