RE: [midatlanticretro] Official RSVP communique

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- On Mon, 12/1/08, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > an Atari 2600 or two, and a
      > couple of television sets. Anyone care to organize some
      > sort of bracket
      > tournament for classic games?
      >
      > Good idea. We have one but it's on display and I
      > don't feel like taking it
      > down. We also have some spares in storage. I challenge
      > anyone to beat me
      > at Breakout. (Not the way Woz did, having designed the
      > game...)

      Don't worry about consoles. I've got a stack of them. I can bring as many as we need. And I can definitely rustle up at least four TV sets, probably more if need be. The only thing I might be short on is non-jittery paddles.

      -Ian
    • Andy Meyer
      Message 90 of 90 , Dec 5, 2008
        Whoops, I guess I should RSVP.
        I will be there around noon, plus or minus an insignificant epsilon.

        Will there be some sort of MP3 playing device?
        I've got some interesting MP3 files.
        I've also got the two most recent episodes of "The IT Crowd" as AVI files
        if we'll have any way to project those.

        I'm bringing stuff for various people (you know who you are)
        and some trinkets for possible trade.
        I'm happy to have any unwanted Gameboy (original!) carts.

        And as a point of information, I've still got a complete Amiga 2000HD
        setup for sale:
        http://vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=6681

        See you tomorrow,
        Andy