RE: [midatlanticretro] Official RSVP communique

    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 1, 2008
      >>> is there a convenient nearby place to pick up supplies/beer/soda/chips?

      Yes, Quick Chek is 24 hours and just around the block.

      >>> You mean those electric space heaters that say "Digital Equipment
      Corporation" on them? I'd bring along one of my Prime space heaters, but
      they're a bit heavy...

      Sorry, I mean the real kind!

      >>> I'm currently planning on bringing along an Atari 2600 or two, and a
      couple of television sets. Anyone care to organize some sort of bracket
      tournament for classic games?

      Good idea. We have one but it's on display and I don't feel like taking it
      down. We also have some spares in storage. I challenge anyone to beat me
      at Breakout. (Not the way Woz did, having designed the game...)
    • Andy Meyer
      Message 90 of 90 , Dec 5, 2008
        Whoops, I guess I should RSVP.
        I will be there around noon, plus or minus an insignificant epsilon.

        Will there be some sort of MP3 playing device?
        I've got some interesting MP3 files.
        I've also got the two most recent episodes of "The IT Crowd" as AVI files
        if we'll have any way to project those.

        I'm bringing stuff for various people (you know who you are)
        and some trinkets for possible trade.
        I'm happy to have any unwanted Gameboy (original!) carts.

        And as a point of information, I've still got a complete Amiga 2000HD
        setup for sale:
        http://vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=6681

        See you tomorrow,
        Andy