Re: [midatlanticretro] Official RSVP communique

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- On Mon, 12/1/08, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > Consider this the final "who's coming" thread
      > for this Saturday's MARCH
      > party / swap meet / tech day. I need to get an accurate
      > head count.

      Count me in! I'm coming, and I'm bringing a friend.

      > Also the Telecom Building does have a working bathroom, but
      > not a kitchen,
      > so it'd be good if someone brings a larger cooler and a
      > few bags of ice.

      I can bring along a cooler, but I don't know how well ice would survive the journey... is there a convenient nearby place to pick up supplies/beer/soda/chips?

      > Fred will put in a couple of electric space heaters.

      You mean those electric space heaters that say "Digital Equipment Corporation" on them? I'd bring along one of my Prime space heaters, but they're a bit heavy...

      I'm currently planning on bringing along an Atari 2600 or two, and a couple of television sets. Anyone care to organize some sort of bracket tournament for classic games?

      -Ian
    • Andy Meyer
      Message 90 of 90 , Dec 5, 2008
        Whoops, I guess I should RSVP.
        I will be there around noon, plus or minus an insignificant epsilon.

        Will there be some sort of MP3 playing device?
        I've got some interesting MP3 files.
        I've also got the two most recent episodes of "The IT Crowd" as AVI files
        if we'll have any way to project those.

        I'm bringing stuff for various people (you know who you are)
        and some trinkets for possible trade.
        I'm happy to have any unwanted Gameboy (original!) carts.

        And as a point of information, I've still got a complete Amiga 2000HD
        setup for sale:
        http://vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=6681

        See you tomorrow,
        Andy