Re: [midatlanticretro] C64 issue maybe?

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2008
      Ok, I did a little playing with this again, and it seems that RESTORE on the
      C64 is way more sensitive than on the VIC. You have to hit the key with just
      the right speed (press and release speed) for it to work. I don't know if
      that uniqueness is in hardware on software, but it is different.

      Bill...I would still like to get a copy of the diag cartridge and schematic
      for the test harness if you have it.

      Thanks again Bryan and Bill.

      On 11/30/08 12:21 PM, "Bryan Pope" <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

      > Richard A. Cini wrote:
      >> All:
      >>
      >> I pulled my C64 out of storage yesterday to set it up to test access
      >> to my IMSAI BBS from different classic machines. I had a VIC-20 when I
      >> was a kid and not a C64, so my knowledge of the C64 is kind of weak,
      >> but I tried the RUN/STOP+RESTORE trick to un-hang something I did and
      >> it didnĀ¹t work. I know that the RUN/STOP key works because I can break
      >> into running BASIC programs.
      >>
      >> Before I open the unit up to start debugging, what is the correct
      >> behavior for this key on the C64? Everything else seems to be working
      >> fine. Unrelated to this, does anyone have a diagnostics disk (or
      >> pointer to a D64 image) for the C64?
      >>
      >> Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!
      > Rich,
      >
      > Did you press the Restore key like you would any other key? For the
      > Run/Stop+Restore to work on the C64, you must strike the Restore key
      > quickly, like you mean it after holding down Run/Stop. :)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Bryan

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2008
        Would anyone be interested in an Intergraph. It was built in 1996 and was a heavy graphic workstation. The unit has dual 150Mhz Pentium Pro processors.

        It's heavy so if someone wants it I will try and bring it.

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2008
          I seem to remember these. What OS and product did they use for graphics?

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2008
            They used NT.. They had special graphics cards but this system doesnt have them