360k 5.25 floppy drive

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
      Anybody have an extra they could bring to the Dec 6th get together? I
      was making a disk for someone and found all my spare drives were high
      density so had to borrow one to put in my disk making/archiving machine.

      If so contact me off list so we can agree to terms.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2008
        Uhh. for which kind of computer is this floppy drive ?

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008

          > Uhh. for which kind of computer is this floppy drive ?

          Made me go find the cover that hasn't been on in years. Its a Swan AMD K6 PC.
          Its a retired machine I keep set up for reading/writing old media.

          > ----- Original Message -----=20
          >
          > Anybody have an extra they could bring to the Dec 6th get together? I
          > was making a disk for someone and found all my spare drives were high
          > density so had to borrow one to put in my disk making/archiving machine.
          >
          > If so contact me off list so we can agree to terms.
        • Justin Jernigan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008

            David,

            I am pretty sure I have, and you are welcome to have, a 360k 5.25 and 720k 3.5 combo drive (one drive, fits in a 5.25 bay), I will search this week and bring it on 12/6 if you are interested. If you aren’t, well, I will still bring it and offer it to anyone that can put it to use.

            > Uhh. for which kind of computer is this floppy drive ?

            Made me go find the cover that hasn't been on in years. Its a Swan AMD K6 PC.
            Its a retired machine I keep set up for reading/writing old media.

            > ----- Original Message -----=20
            >
            > Anybody have an extra they could bring to the Dec 6th get together? I
            > was making a disk for someone and found all my spare drives were high
            > density so had to borrow one to put in my disk making/archiving machine.
            >
            > If so contact me off list so we can agree to terms.

          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
              I have cleaned a tested a 5 1/4" half height drive, and will bring on
              12/6.
              Bill

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2008
                I just pulled one from an XT that I was parting out for Stephen Lynch.
                Tested for two days, I assume it's 360K, used stock XT drive controller. I
                will bring on 12/6
                Bill