Re: Update on MARCH library

  • trailingedge.geo
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
      wrote:
      > Steve G. is convinced that we CAN make a dehumidifier work in our
      basement storage room.
      > .... and presto-chango, we've got a habitable, bright room
      > to use for a MARCH library.
      > I vote "yes" for this idea unless someone has a better idea.

      I don't have a better idea, but before you do this you might want to
      discuss your plans for a basement library with Alex Magoun at the
      David Sarnoff Library (I'd be happy to introduce you.) The RCA
      Laboratories building has been there since 1941, yet it was just last
      year when a large amount of archival documents being stored in the
      basement was damaged when the building flooded at a never-before seen
      level. You can read about it at
      http://www.davidsarnoff.org/flood.html. Most but not all of the
      archival material was restored to useable but not undamaged
      condition, at a huge expense.

      Be careful!

      --Dave Sica