Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Good day at the museum

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
      And if you want some real fun, add a small Western Electric #5 crossbar or Step By Step telephone switching system. It would be midatlantic related as it was developed at Bell Labs, well the #5 XB was anyway.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 9, 2008, at 8:12 PM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...> wrote:

      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
      > minicomputers. ..

      You're welcome any time, if you want to step into one of my mainframes.

      Peace... Sridhar

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 29 7:32 PM
        We got quite a lot accomplished today. Me, Matt, and Jeff B. all
        arrived around 12:30. We began to palletize everything that's not on
        wheels from our "storage corner" of building 9010-B (one of the famous
        "H-buildings") .... any MARCHin who's seen that corner knows how densely
        packed it was with big iron! We got about 90% of it done today, and we
        moved all of that into our new museum section. We ran out of pallets,
        but Chris and Brian arrived later (bringing with them an unassembled
        Morrow S-100 kit for the club!), and then went out to hunt for more.
        We'll get still more pallets by Tuesday, courtesy of Ft. Monmouth, and
        then Matt and I will finish the job Wednesday. Thus, after Wednesday,
        we'll have vacated that storage corner. Everything is now neatly
        arranged with lots of space to walk and move pallets.

        We didn't take pictures, but it struck as as AMAZING that all this stuff
        had fit in that little corner! Spread out, it nearly takes up 2,000
        square feet.

        Big thanks to all who helped today.

        We'll probably take next weekend off for Labor Day.