Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Good day at the museum

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
      So this is it Evan?  My car broke down so you got another Jeff to replace me!

      On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >>> so it was interesting to see what they were like and how they worked.

      Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
      minicomputers...

      --
      See you space cowboy...
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
        Message
        > >> So this is it Evan?  My car broke down so you got another Jeff to replace me!

        We've also got Jeff Jonas.
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
          > minicomputers...

          You're welcome any time, if you want to step into one of my mainframes.

          Peace... Sridhar
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
            Road trip to Sridhar's house!

            > Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
            > minicomputers...

            You're welcome any time, if you want to step into one of my mainframes.

            Peace... Sridhar

          • Matt Patoray
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
              And if you want some real fun, add a small Western Electric #5 crossbar or Step By Step telephone switching system. It would be midatlantic related as it was developed at Bell Labs, well the #5 XB was anyway.

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 29, 2010
                We got quite a lot accomplished today. Me, Matt, and Jeff B. all
                arrived around 12:30. We began to palletize everything that's not on
                wheels from our "storage corner" of building 9010-B (one of the famous
                "H-buildings") .... any MARCHin who's seen that corner knows how densely
                packed it was with big iron! We got about 90% of it done today, and we
                moved all of that into our new museum section. We ran out of pallets,
                but Chris and Brian arrived later (bringing with them an unassembled
                Morrow S-100 kit for the club!), and then went out to hunt for more.
                We'll get still more pallets by Tuesday, courtesy of Ft. Monmouth, and
                then Matt and I will finish the job Wednesday. Thus, after Wednesday,
                we'll have vacated that storage corner. Everything is now neatly
                arranged with lots of space to walk and move pallets.

                We didn't take pictures, but it struck as as AMAZING that all this stuff
                had fit in that little corner! Spread out, it nearly takes up 2,000
                square feet.

                Big thanks to all who helped today.

                We'll probably take next weekend off for Labor Day.