RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Good day at the museum

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
      >>> so it was interesting to see what they were like and how they worked.

      Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
      minicomputers...
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
        Message
        I forgot to mention, in our first exhibit room, we also replaced the block of wood with a real doorstop.  :)
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
          So this is it Evan?  My car broke down so you got another Jeff to replace me!

          --
          See you space cowboy...
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
            Message
            > >> So this is it Evan?  My car broke down so you got another Jeff to replace me!

            We've also got Jeff Jonas.
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
              Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
              > minicomputers...

              You're welcome any time, if you want to step into one of my mainframes.

              Peace... Sridhar
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
                Road trip to Sridhar's house!

                > Heh ... If you think those were cool, wait 'til we teach you about
                > minicomputers...

                You're welcome any time, if you want to step into one of my mainframes.

                Peace... Sridhar

              • Matt Patoray
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 9, 2008
                  And if you want some real fun, add a small Western Electric #5 crossbar or Step By Step telephone switching system. It would be midatlantic related as it was developed at Bell Labs, well the #5 XB was anyway.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 29, 2010
                    We got quite a lot accomplished today. Me, Matt, and Jeff B. all
                    arrived around 12:30. We began to palletize everything that's not on
                    wheels from our "storage corner" of building 9010-B (one of the famous
                    "H-buildings") .... any MARCHin who's seen that corner knows how densely
                    packed it was with big iron! We got about 90% of it done today, and we
                    moved all of that into our new museum section. We ran out of pallets,
                    but Chris and Brian arrived later (bringing with them an unassembled
                    Morrow S-100 kit for the club!), and then went out to hunt for more.
                    We'll get still more pallets by Tuesday, courtesy of Ft. Monmouth, and
                    then Matt and I will finish the job Wednesday. Thus, after Wednesday,
                    we'll have vacated that storage corner. Everything is now neatly
                    arranged with lots of space to walk and move pallets.

                    We didn't take pictures, but it struck as as AMAZING that all this stuff
                    had fit in that little corner! Spread out, it nearly takes up 2,000
                    square feet.

                    Big thanks to all who helped today.

                    We'll probably take next weekend off for Labor Day.