did the IBM 5155 come out before the Compaq Portable?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
      did the IBM 5155 come out before the Compaq Portable?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
        After. Compaq was 1983, IBM was 1984.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
          Thanks. I was too lazy to look it up.

          I just put up some pictures of my IBM 5155.
          http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/5155/

          I recently picked up two non-working 5155's, and now I have three. I
          have promised one of the non-working systems to Sridhar for 12/6, the
          other I plan to keep for parts.

          Bill